Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Having Trouble With Your Rep-pew-tation?

Two nights ago, Sweet M was lounging around on the big bed after her bath as I was reading something — for once not about autism, parenting, special education, or theories of learning.

She started slowly, with that sing-song prosody of telemarketing commercial voice-overs.

Do you have pro-blems? her voice lilted.

Are you having trouble with your REP-pew-tation?

Then pick up the phone and call now. Our problem solvers are ready to solve YOUR problems.

Just call 777-7777.


I would have been rolling on the floor laughing, but I was already horizontal on the bed.

Where'd you get that? I asked.

She rolled over, smiled, very pleased with herself, and said, From my made it up.

Keywords:

6 comments:

kristina said...

7 seven's.....hmmm.......

MothersVox said...

It's the phone number of an airport car service that advertises on TV all the time. Very lucky, don't you think?

Now if it were 666-6666, some people would be telling me to worry about having a demon-child. ;)

Alana said...

I couldn't help it. I was so convinced by her marketing that I dialed the number. Really. Can you please let Sweet M know that the number needs to be reinstated.

MothersVox said...

That's so great Squaregirl -- I'm definitely telling Sweet M. Can't believe you called! And can't believe it's not still the car service number.

Alana said...

Well I'm in Southern California, so I had the wrong area code.

MothersVox said...

Try 212 . . .